Founded in 1997 by Marc Bornhauser, a specialist in tax law formerly with Bureau Francis Lefebvre and honorary president of the IACF (Institut des Avocats Conseils Fiscaux), the firm quickly specialised in private wealth taxation after noting that, in this field:
- There is a need for highly specialised expertise and qualifications, and
- Lawyers necessarily add value.
Our practice therefore focuses on individuals, reflecting the relationship of trust between lawyer and client.
To keep a close watch on the tax advice we give, we expanded our tax audit assistance and litigation services. And because litigation is not limited to the traditional defence of taxpayers against the tax authorities, we have also specialised in challenging standard practice when it is inconsistent with French tax law, European law and treaties, or the Constitution, the application of which may enable the taxpayer to recover a tax that has wrongly been paid.
Lastly, we advise our individual clients and defend their interests in all aspects of civil law relating to family and property matters (divorce, succession law, protection of minors and vulnerable adults, etc.), as well as in criminal law. Our expertise also includes the law of sports and professional athletes, and art law.
Today we are pleased to be able to offer our services in French, English and Russian. We also have a network of highly efficient foreign correspondents, particularly throughout Europe, the United States, Asia, Reunion Island, Mauritius, etc.…
We therefore have chosen to operate on a human scale:
- The close relationship between client and lawyer enables us to provide dedicated and relevant advice with the utmost discretion,
- Clients have a single point of contact within the firm,
- They have direct, continuous contact with the lawyer in charge of the case,
- We provide a precise and practical response for which we are responsible,
- We assist clients with implementing the plans we have proposed or approved,
- We submit drafts to our clients for approval before sending them to the tax authorities or the courts,
- Our billing policy is clear and precise from the outset and tailored to each situation.
Our professional practice has enabled us to build partnerships with foreign law firms in order to respond fully to our clients’ international issues.
Our reputation has enabled us to create partnerships with the major players in wealth management (private banks, asset managers, family offices, etc.) while maintaining total independence, which guarantees the quality of our services.